Friday, November 7, 2008

Nintendo DS Time

My journey through the world of crocheting has definitely been an interesting one. Since I made a nice new home for my ipod, I decided now would be a good time to make something fun for my DS. I just recently made the transition from the old fat version to a nice new shiny blue DS lite, and I was determined to now allow this one to get near as scratched up as the old one.

My first idea was to make a simple pouch for my DS with a triforce on it. It sounded simple enough, however, the end result did not look anything like I was expecting. If you're really that interested, it can be found here and here. I mean, it's not the most horrible thing in the world, but it's just not up to any standard that I had in my head. In fact, the more I look at it, the more I see all the mistakes I made :-( I think sometime in the future I'll try again, it's just hard to get a clean, consistent color change in crocheting, which results in ugly color changes (at least, I haven't found a way to cleanly change colors...if anyone has any ideas, I'd be more than happy to listen).

My second try went much better. Instead of going with a fun nintendo related pattern, I basically just made a colorful flappy-pouch thing. It's hard to explain, but it turned out awesome. I have a little button to keep it closed (I added it after the pictures were taken, so unfortunately, you don't get to see it) and some pockets on the inside to hold a few games (I origonally wanted to be able to hold 6 games, but I misjudged the size and it can only hold 3). Here's some photos for your enjoyment:















































































It's not my best work, but it gets the job done :o)

No comments: